March Laziness, or Procrastination

>> 20 March 2011

Every year around February, I always tell myself I will start following college basketball so that I can be prepared for March Madness. It never happens.

Every year, the week before the Madness starts, I always tell myself I'll do some research so I can give myself a puncher's chance in my friends' bracket. That never happens, either.

So the night before/day of the tournament, I throw together my bracket -- basing it on how the teams did last year -- and hope that history repeats itself... which it never does, because, as is hinted at in its name, the tournament is madness, pandemonium, and chaos.

The result is that I am always somewhere in the middle of my bracket challenge. I have grown used to mediocrity, but that's fine because the games are still fun to watch.

Slightly related endnote. I thought the following headline on ESPN.com from Saturday was lame: If Florida (2-seed) is ranked higher than UCLA (7-seed), what is informative about a headline that says the better team will be a "tough" opponent for the lower-ranked team?

1 ideas preached:

John Mon Mar 21, 03:16:00 PM EDT  

JD, I remember being puzzled by that very same link. Silly indeed. The fact the it also uses the word "could" is weird too.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP