Football by the NUMB3RS

>> 12 September 2007

I love this time of year. It starts to cool down a bit, the leaves are changing colors, the chaos of summer vacation and travel are winding down. It's the perfect time to kick back and really enjoy what fall is all about: College Football. Yes, my friends, the greatest 4 months of the year are already upon us, and I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am. Granted, I could be in Provo for BYU home games, but I've got the next best thing at my place: A sweet bachelor-pad setup that allows me to view two football games simultaneously.

Since a pasttime of college football fanatics is looking at the box score and all the numbers after the game, let's breakdown the setup in my condo by the numbers:


84: The combined number of inches of viewable television screen between the two TV's in my condo. The specs: 52-inch ol' skool rear-projection TV with a 32-inch HD-LCD placed on top. We call it "Picture-on-picture". And lest we forget, this coincidentally is also the year that Lavell's passionless scowl and our troops donning midriff-revealing 80's jerseys brought home the National Championship.

2: Number of cable boxes in my apartment; # of X-Box's (one ol' skool and one 360); # of speakers taller than 6 feet

7: The presumed number of remote controls in my living room.

4: The amount of remote controls in my living room that can be found at any given time.

8:
Number of speakers hooked up to our surround sound. What is it with us (guys) and surround sound? We have to have it because it "enhances the experience," which I find ironic because we spend most of the game complaining about how we would like the commentators to just SHUT UP with their idiotic, uh, commenting.

65: Percent chance that I will have an epileptic seizure based on sensory overload thanks to the continuous combined exposure to the aforementioned devices.

Some approximates:
~35-40
: The estimated number of years that are shaved off of my life expectancy every time BYU has a close game. (Yes, I should be dead by now...but Asians have a long life expectancy)

~48: Cubic feet the love-sac is occupying in front of the TV.

Some inequalities:
<0: Probability that I will not be plopped in front of this sweet setup watching college football on a Saturday between the months of September and January; also, the amount of time left on the clock when Harline caught "the answered prayer" in BYU v. UT in '06 (Yes, I know that a probability of less than 0 is impossible... Asians aren't just good at math, we can use literary devices like hyperbole as well)

>5
: Number of times I swear during a close BYU football game.

>200: Number of times I stop myself from swearing during a close BYU football game.

3: Number of hours spent in repentance following a close BYU football game.

5 ideas preached:

Anonymous Thu Sep 13, 11:03:00 AM EDT  

I'm jealous, but at least we get ABC over the air. The good bad of that is it forces you to watch Notre Lame, but its slightly enjoyable watching them lose.

Peg and Parker Thu Sep 13, 11:21:00 AM EDT  

All I can say to the great set up is (sing it) Suh-Weet! I hope all yor favorite teams win and if they lose I hope the refs who were beyond idiots break their legs and lose their preferred parking spots. Was that harsh? Sorry just venting, We watched "the" game with several BYU fans. Not really bitter, but come on! Still.. way cool set up. Looks like the pad to be hooked up to for the football season. Go Cougs!

Jenna Thu Sep 13, 01:04:00 PM EDT  

Josh, you are too funny. I don't know how you come up with this stuff : )

caseytanner Thu Sep 13, 05:19:00 PM EDT  

best post yet. GO COUGARS 11-1 in 2007. I think it's destininy that you have 84" of tv and that was the year we won the ship.

Loretta and Richie Sun Sep 16, 10:42:00 AM EDT  

I'm pretty sure I would know where to find Rich (on weekends) if we lived anywhere near you. Looks like fun.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP