PotW Launch -- Photo of the Week - 28 July 2008

>> 28 July 2008

Completely unoriginal, I know, but I've decided to start a "Photo of the Week" entry for the blog. Something more regular than the I'm a Moron series (to the readers' disappointment, I have remained surprisingly stupidity-free as of late) and the name-verbs.

I figured since normal entries require more time to tap out, and I don't always have the time to post something I am going to be satisfied with as consistently as I would like, this would allow me to make my normal comments in a regularly-run format -- minus consumption of my time.

The photos won't necessarily have been taken during the week that I'm posting them under; they may be photos that revolve around current world events, a picture that reminds me of a funny anecdote, something that I saw sometime during the week that was amusing. Basically anything I stumble across. Feel free to e-mail me any photos that you think would make a nice addition.

Here is this week's photo:

Location: The Elms Apartments, Provo UT (The stories that came outta this place...hilarious)
Year: 2003-2004

When* I write a children's book, it will be titled "Casey and the Broken Key," and it will be based on this story. Casey, much like myself, was a poor college student that needed transportation, so he bought a 1982 Nissan Sentra for $100 (There are no zeroes missing in that figure). The thing ran decently for having costed less than my chemistry textbook. It's all relative. Anyway, THE DAY that he bought the car, he took the tan beauty to Wendy's. The key busts in the ignition as he's turning off the car. He has laptops in the car, so he has to lock the car while he walks the half-mile back to the Elms to get the spare. He continues to use the butt of the key to start the car for a few months.

I don't really know what the moral of my children's book would be (perseverance, maybe?), but something tells me I'll have time to think about it.

*"If"

3 ideas preached:

Anonymous Mon Jul 28, 02:22:00 PM EDT  

I forgot about the $100 car. Great memories! How are we going to capture Totem for a picture of the week and explain that one. . .

Troy Mon Jul 28, 10:21:00 PM EDT  

The moral of the story is this, always use the drive-thru! Don't knock the car, I sold it to him, and it was actually a 1983! I always said with that car, if someone wants to steal it, they are more than welcome to it!

Anonymous Tue Jul 29, 11:15:00 AM EDT  

I think parking next to that car caused immediate depreciation:) It was a great car Troy. I used to prefer it to the Civic in many instances. But you left off some of the true beauty of that car(I have a pic of the actual car for a future photo if needed)...
dying when traveling under ten miles per hour (aka every stop sign)
frosting on the inside
passenger door only unlocking on the inside
the way it bounced every time you turned left (or was it right)
did the headlights work? I remember sticking my head out the window during a snow storm to see as I drove...

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP