Blogiversary

>> 24 July 2008

Dearest Ramblings-

I just wanted to wish you a Happy 1st Anniversary. I know it was actually a couple of weeks ago and you're going to blame it on my never remembering "what's important to [you]," and blah blah blah. Are you done nagging yet? Thanks. I know you'll never let me forget it, but I've been really busy -- spending a lot of time with the boys playing ping-pong. And, yes, there are other projects I'm interested in, but technically I wouldn't consider it cheating.

(Technically, you could argue that we've been together for about two years now, but I'll admit that I basically ignored you that whole first year. Let's be honest: We had different agendas in the beginning. You had an ugly design and needed a makeover {Honestly, we could still do a little more work for you in the looks department...you're so pre-packaged and formulaic} Plus I think you needed some time to mature a bit. You can thank me later for being patient.)

Sometimes you demand more attention than I have time for. Like when I come home and just want to relax, but you want me to tell you about
work or my adventures at the post office or whatever. Usually, in the end, you help me find the humor in things.

Let's go through some of our accomplishments and milestones for our first year together:

>>120+ photos with fabricated, exaggerated, and untrue captions; a true symbol of honesty in our relationship.
>>2 pot shots at the
ACLU; I am actually quite disappointed in the progress we made here and would like to work on this, if you are amenable.
>>5 cheap shots at
PETA; I was proud of you for these entries.
>>2
I'm a Moron installments, with many more to come, I'm sure. The fact that you stuck with me after my acts of stupidity shows real dedication. Admirable.
>>6 references to / uses of
Battlefield Field as an adjective. This has definitely turned into one of those inside-jokes that outsiders find utterly annoying.
>>6 new
name-verbs.
>>1 entry dedicated to the
Beastie Boys; the fact that you are almost as dedicated as I am to the Boys scores you mad points in my book.

Thanks. Here's a virtual "good game" butt slap. Let's keep on rolling.


Sincerely,
JD

*****

Anybody have favorites / suggestions / critiques / something they'd like to see more of, as I take inventory of one year of Ramblings? Leave a comment, if you feel so inclined.

5 ideas preached:

Anonymous Fri Jul 25, 02:58:00 AM EDT  

Probably more stuff about me, that's all I can think of

Ben Fri Jul 25, 11:41:00 AM EDT  

That ramblings butt slap is priceless.

Unknown Sun Jul 27, 03:44:00 PM EDT  

Its quite awesome that you are so much shorter than Ramblings... cute.

Amanda Lynn, to be exact Wed Jul 30, 12:13:00 AM EDT  

I like it. That is all.

Amanda Lynn, to be exact Wed Jul 30, 10:02:00 PM EDT  

okay, okay...for the record...i would like to see your "List of Books I May or May Not Write One Day" post. I think it would be classic. Also, more inner monologue...it makes me laugh.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP