Photo of the Week 13 Apr 2009

>> 13 April 2009

Remember Gladiator, in which the Maximus character is forced to take on distinctly different roles? You know what I'm talking about. He goes from being a general to a slave. From a slave to a gladiator. And then becomes a gladiator who defies an emperor. Lots of transitions for him.

Well, I had one of those transitions this past week, in which I crossed the threshold of identifying myself as a "recreational runner" and officially became "hard-core runner-nerd." Why, you ask? I purchased and used one of these:

As some of my runs are lasting more than hour, I need to "refuel" mid-run. This necessitated the purchase of my "fuel belt," a term that is really a sad euphemistic attempt to save my ego. Friends have asked what it is, and there is no way to describe it without the explainee either getting confused, or pausing for a second while to process my description and then saying: "so you mean it's like a fanny pack?" It's unavoidable. Trust me, I've tried.

This whole marathon-thing is spiraling out of control.



Happy Monday to all.

4 ideas preached:

Amanda Lynn, to be exact Mon Apr 13, 08:28:00 AM EDT  

I will totally stand behind you in maintaining that a fuel belt IS NOT a fanny pack...however, for the purposes of not confusing the general populace (aka non-running plebians) just embrace it.

Amy Lovell Mon Apr 13, 11:13:00 AM EDT  

You're taking running to a whole new level. I'm sure you sport the fanny pack quite well.

Jason Nartker Mon Apr 13, 04:29:00 PM EDT  

They have aid stations at organized races so please don't wear this when we actually run the marathon in November. . . please?

Juli Tue Apr 21, 02:42:00 PM EDT  

Wow, it's so shiny and new. And believe it or not, when our lovely humidity kicks in you are going to be wishing that belt held about 5 more bottles. Maybe that's when you break out the extra fanny pack.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP