The Depressed Monkey -- Photo of the Week 27 Apr 2009

>> 27 April 2009

Went with my sister, BilB, and nieces to the National Zoo in DC. This orangutan was there.

I didn't know the Zoo here was running a rehab program for formerly strung-out and now homeless primates, but man, if ever there was evidence of it, it's gotta be this guy. He looked more downtrodden and morose than any other captive animal I saw that day.

Immediately made me think of "Under the Bridge," that Red Hot Chili Peppers song about heroin addiction. I kept checking his arms for track marks.

Regardless, I could speculate on his past/present drug addictions all I want, but he definitely had the homeless thing going, with the cardboard box on his left side there. I suppose he just needs a stolen shopping cart and a sketchy underpass in which to live. Poor thing.


Happy Monday. (Apologies for posting negligence. Have been vacationing and otherwise preoccupied with productive things)

2 ideas preached:

Juli Wed Apr 29, 09:03:00 AM EDT  

That poor orangutan. It looked like it had lost all will to live. I just hope PETA never gets a hold of that footage.

jendw Wed Apr 29, 11:28:00 PM EDT  

Come on Juli, you know that Josh has made a life-long enemy of PETA. They probably read this blog and are thinking of ways to actually stick a homeless strung out guy in the zoo display.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP