Inception -- Photo of the Week 10 May 2010

>> 10 May 2010

Behold the latest movie poster for the movie that I'm most excited to see this year: Inception.

In the words of Liz Lemon, I want to go to there.

Sure, I've been excited about other movies that turned out to be overhyped and abysmal failures (see: Wolverine and Terminator: Salvation, the cinematic equivalent of JaMarcus Russell), but I have a good feeling about this one. Here are some reasons why:
  • One of the current, most solid actors taking the lead role? Check (Leo DiCaprio)
  • The director for Memento, Batman Begins, The Prestige, AND The Dark Knight? Check (Christopher Nolan...who has said that the movie is "the biggest challenge I've taken on to this point")
  • Japanese dude and all-around bada** playing the villain? Check (Ken Watanabe. Swoon, ladies. SWOON. He may have some male-pattern baldness and his accent may still be a bit thick, but you know you are gravitating toward his austere, rugged handsomeness right now)
  • Trailers that don't make much sense and don't give away the best parts of the movie, but are nevertheless enthralling? Check (Folding street blocks, anyone? Uh. Whoa.)
  • A tagline that vaguely and enigmatically reads "Your Mind Is The Scene of The Crime"? Check (It's also been described variously as sci-fi crime thriller, a corporate espionage thriller, and other such things)
  • A poster that makes me dizzy just looking at it? Check. (That being said, I am the guy that spins his nieces/nephew in circles and ends up falling down before they do)
Look. I won't guarantee that you will like this movie -- because despite what Case thinks, whether something is likable or not is an opinion, and not an irrefutable fact. I can, however, guarantee a few things: (1) Yes, in typical Nolan fashion it will likely be dark; but (2) It will be gripping, and you will be glued to the edge of your seat; because (3) your head will be spinning to figure out what is going on for the entire two hours; and (4) It will be absolutely original and unique. It may even reach into the "weird" or "strange" category, but aren't we always complaining about formulaic and predictable plots, bland characters and dialogue, and stale movie concepts? This is going to be good.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to it.


Happy Monday, all! I missed DC Highlights last week. I have been busy. And pondering the future of RoSA. But that's neither here nor there.

3 ideas preached:

Barbaloot Mon May 10, 10:46:00 PM EDT  

I just don't think I'll ever get over Leonardo being in Titanic. And Growing Pains. How can someone like that be a leading man? It's never gonna be believable for me.

Also, the future of RoSA? Um, it should continue. Thanks.

Ashley Tue May 11, 01:54:00 AM EDT  

Ok. Now I do want to see that movie.

Kevin W. Thu May 13, 11:15:00 AM EDT  

I can't believe you left one of the most prominently hyped but ultimately rip-your-eyes-and-ears-off bad films ever: it's a shame I have to remind you of a movie called JUMPER.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP