Why Do We Have Spoilers, Again? -- Photo of the Week 7 June 2010

>> 07 June 2010

This one came in from K Swiss on his morning drive today:

I took this photo using [my wife's] Blackberry this morning on the way to the Metro. Yeah, this happened in my neighborhood
First of all, nothing screams "bad-ass speed" and "I need a spoiler to stay on the ground I'm so fast" than a '93 Accord with "turbo" placed on the back right of the trunk.

But really, if you're going to the trouble of slaping a piece of wood onto your trunk, wouldn't you want to go with something classier than plywood? Like a nice, dark cherry wood? Maybe put a nice dark stain on their to at least make it appear that your spoiler wasn't just a skateboard ramp for a bunch of teenagers? I don't know. Despite my Asianness, I am no expert on Rice Rocketing a car.


Happy Monday, all.

5 ideas preached:

Unknown Mon Jun 07, 11:20:00 PM EDT  

Hours later..... yep, still laughing!
God put spoilers on 4 cylinder cars for everyone's amusement. Unless of course, you own a Honda Accord. Then, its a natural course to install your scrap lumber for aerodynamics to race against your neighbors Vespa.

Barbaloot Tue Jun 08, 11:23:00 AM EDT  

I think you gotta save the cherry wood for those more classy cars. How much would you love to see something like that on a Lexus or BMW?

Sam Tue Jun 08, 06:06:00 PM EDT  

I'm so inspired!~ I'm going to fashion one out of homemade Play-doh that's fastidiously oven-baked. Hot chicks, here I come.

BB Fri Sep 10, 05:30:00 PM EDT  

My mom ran into Shigeko at a fabric store - - which leads me to say Congrats Man!! Sorry, I should be saying something witty about spoilers here but since I don't have facebook or another way to contact you I decided to use my blog to add my well wishes.
You are going to make one excellant husband, she is a lucky girl!

mateicho1 Tue Nov 30, 01:57:00 AM EST  

I think the time has come for a return of the sarcastic Asian. I'm ready for some more ramblings, bro.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP