Denny's Drunken Party

>> 01 April 2011

Well, this picture came in from White Josh earlier this week:

Yes, some marketing nerd at Denny's is currently patting himself on the back in self-congratulation for his play on "bacchanalia." Unfortunately for him -- and by extension, Denny's -- I'm afraid that the wit of his wordplay will probably be lost on the intended audience, as I don't think the vast majority of Denny's customers are familiar enough with Roman history / mythology to know what bacchanalia were. Unfortunately for me, I do know what bacchanalia are, and linking Denny's and its customers with the drunken, debauchery-filled Roman orgies called "bacchanalia" is perhaps the last thing I ever want to imagine. Ever.

This is more the image I associate with Denny's:



And these are the follow-up images of the menu that Josh sent. Behold, the overuse of bacon:


1 ideas preached:

Barbaloot Sun Apr 03, 01:00:00 AM EDT  

There's no such thing as an overuse of bacon. That's like on oxy-moron.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP