Standing the Test of Time

>> 01 December 2011

So, back in the day when my buddies and I used to karaoke Beastie Boys on our Friday nights, we decided to do a music video for (what we thought at the time, but was later disproved by our Beasties' Bracket) the greatest Beastie Boys' song, "So Whatcha' Want." One segment preceding the actual video involved each of us telling a terribly horrible joke. I don't know why we thought this would be a good prologue, but we did it.

My buddy J2K's joke was: "Why was the tomato blushing?"

Answer: "Because it saw the salad dressing." BOOM.

Today in class, a classmate gives me some Laffy Taffy's, I open it, eat it, and then think to myself "I wonder what the Laffy Taffy jokes are like these days."

The picture quality is poor, but it says "Why was the tomato blushing?"

11 years later, I text J2K with that question, and the reply: "Ah man cuz it saw the salad dressing."

Some humor is timeless.

3 ideas preached:

Jenna Thu Dec 01, 08:19:00 PM EST  

My favorite Laffy Taffy joke has always been. "What's green and sings?"...Elvis Parsley. Haha. You know it's funny.

AW Mon Dec 12, 06:53:00 PM EST  

I heard that joke for the first time about a month ago.

Anonymous Fri Oct 26, 08:30:00 PM EDT  

I must say, this blog post has certainly stood the test of time.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP