Blog Rebirth

>> 10 July 2007

"Josh, you are an Asian-American in a predominately white church who enjoys black culture. I don't think you'll have a problem with being unique."

I had a friend from high school tell me this a few years back when I was looking for advice on applying to law school (that's been postponed a few years....just FYI). I just recalled that quote recently and decided that I needed an outlet for my take on things, because as an introvert who is inclined towards observation first and expression second, sometimes I see things that annoy me, pique my interest, or I just have thoughts pop into my head during the commute to work that I think would be fun to share with family and friends, but end up forgetting to write them down for later.

Anyhow, I have decided to start tabula rasa (word of the day for all you zero-interest-in-philosophy-types) with my blog, try to maintain my writing skills, and hopefully provide some entertainment to anyone who reads this.

I make no claims to this blog being authoritative in any way. You'll notice lots of "...or something" 's and words leaning towards ambiguity. This is done purposefully, because (1) anyone who knows me knows I am virtually opinionless, (2) I was probably too lazy to do the research to verify facts...(that's why most research, when I do get off my tail and do it, will likely be Wikipedia-based).

Anyhow, enjoy reading and hopefully you aren't bored out of your mind. Pass along comments and suggestions or your own thoughts. I love hearing them and getting feedback.

Best,
JD

5 ideas preached:

John Tue Jul 10, 11:37:00 PM EDT  

Gotta love that comment your friend make. Enjoyed the post.

John Tue Jul 10, 11:50:00 PM EDT  

Apparently, your writing skills are better than mine, since I couldn't even write sensible English in my last comment.
-John

caseytanner Tue Jul 10, 11:54:00 PM EDT  

i read a wall street journal article, and I guess, other than current events, wikipedia is like 98% accurate (or something ridiculously high). Peace out

Loretta and Richie Wed Jul 11, 07:00:00 PM EDT  

Yo, Wut Up? We're excited to keep up with you through your blog... Take Care

JD Thu Jul 12, 12:01:00 AM EDT  

Don't worry about it, Johnny. English is my second language. Math is my first.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP