Weekly Selects #8

>> 01 October 2009

And the DC just keeps on rolling...

-Via Email from Coach, after I recorded a long Saturday run in my running log:

great work today. i was moved nearly to tears while reading your log. you met the beast face to face and you slew the freakin thing.
My recording of things like mile splits, mid-run nutrition, and how my knees felt is apparently poignant enough to be semi-poetic.

-Via Email from Ben, who's email account got hacked and started sending Spam:
Subj: EXCTING OPERTUNTY!!

Dear Denizen of my inbox,
Many of you have inquired as to the nature of some emails you received earlier today from my gmail account. You may have thought that I (and you) were the victims of a virus that sent an email to everyone in my inbox.

That would be incorrect. I have actually started an upstart dotcom company selling cheap knockoff electronics. Please order with confidence from the link you received earlier and I guarantee your satisfaction!

Ahhh, what is happening? The gmail virus added that last line!
It's a virus. Run away.

Sincerely,
Ben
By the way, a virus hijacks my email account and I hear from dozens of you. It was nice. I'm thinking of doing something similar at least monthly.
-Via Email from Case, planning for his lack of marathon preparation:
it looks like the race ends at 3:30pm. That only gives me 8.5hrs to finish. Is that doable?
Let me make it clear: If anybody is going to finish a marathon with no training, it is Casey. As for the post-race condition of his legs, his ability to pick up and carry his son, and getting on and off things like the couch and his toilet in the weeks following said marathon? Well...

-Via TXT from Nartker, as follow-up to the competitive eating instructions he sought last week. I guess he ordered the burger that he is scheduled to eat in order to do some advanced scouting; you know, get a feel for the beast. Based on his accounts, he didn't come close to finishing it, and ended up disliking the taste of meat (hopefully temporarily):

And Nartker doesn't have small-person pygmy hands, either -- he's a man! (although he is not 40, it would be funny if his post-eating contest press conference went something like Mike Gundy's... 2:20-mark if you are short on time)

3 ideas preached:

aaronb Thu Oct 01, 12:11:00 PM EDT  

My favorite Iverson/Mora/Gundy Remix;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOxUAntx8I

Barbaloot Thu Oct 01, 01:30:00 PM EDT  

That burger is a beast! But I don't think anything could make me not love meat.

Juli Thu Oct 01, 06:06:00 PM EDT  

Hey, Brigham and Ben both made the list! I feel I should get partial credit, while not being actually funny myself, for bringing such greatness into your life.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP