Stranded -- Photo of the Week 7 Feb 2011

>> 07 February 2011


So, there have been some snowstorms sweeping the nation as of late. I was most impressed by this photo:

(Source: E. Jason Wambsgans, Chicago Tribune)  
We had a pretty bad storm out in the DC area a week and a half ago that absolutely crippled traffic around here. Work the morning after was like listening to a bunch of war stories: "It took me 7 hours to get home..." "...It took me 11 hours to get home." "I had to abandon my car and walk the three miles home..." "...I had to cannibalize my rugby teammates in order to survive" etc etc. It was stunning how much the roadways shut down around here; my commute home made me feel both lucky and a slight tinge of survivors' remorse (it only took me 45 minutes). But really, I think it was just the Man upstairs looking out for me -- knowing my impatience with traffic, if I were stuck for that long, I probably would have become very, very angry.

Happy Monday to you, folks. And if you're wondering, I still have not bought a snowshovel.

1 ideas preached:

Barbaloot Mon Feb 07, 11:55:00 AM EST  

We had a bad snowstorm out here and school and work were STILL not cancelled. I feel like Utah is the only state in the nation that has not had a snow day yet.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP