Weekly Selects #46

>> 03 February 2011

--Via Email from Sister Jen, an article for all the vegetarians:
my kind of gateway drug (click here for article)
The esteem in which bacon is held can grow no larger, as apparently it serves as the gateway meat through which vegetarians transform from being conscientious abstainers to maniacally tracking, killing, and skinning their own meat and then eating it raw (all of this done, of course, with blood-shot eyes and a frothing mouth).
Why Xena? I have no idea. It was the best picture I could find. 

--Via Email from Josh M:
And I thought the Japanese were nuts...
Yes, there is a restaurant in Taiwan that is toilet-themed. What do I mean by toilet-themed? Here's an excerpt:
In the beginning, we mainly sold ice cream – a big pile of chocolate ice cream sold in containers shaped like a squat toilet.
It is really quite disgusting, actually, and I hope that when China invades Taiwan they launch at least 20 of the 20,000 short-range missiles that they have aimed at the small island-nation at this restaurant. It's all I ask.

Coincidentally, Kate sent me this very amusing article of the 10 Weirdest Restaurants Around the World. It really is worth checking out.


--Via Email from JMill:
This may be one of my favorite videos of all time
Hopefully it works for you. I don't know why this is so funny, but it is.


--Via IM from Josh M (click here for full article):
A woman who appeared on the American program “My Strange Addiction” shocked audiences when she admitted her bizarre habit of eating sofa stuffing....[and] has eaten a total of seven couches and two chairs.
A psychologist said that the woman may need to find other ways to alleviate stress, which I thought was more than obvious. Some better ways to relieve stress, just off the top of my head: ANYTHING BUT EATING SOFA STUFFING.

1 ideas preached:

Julie Mon Feb 07, 11:07:00 AM EST  

oh dear. i am so guilty of the bacon thing. i didn't realize it was an epidemic?

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP