The Theoretical 5-Disc DVD Changer Scenario -- Answers

>> 26 December 2007

Well, the jury's been out for a bit, and not too many participants, but you guys did pretty well... Here are the movies, in no particular order.



Batman Begins: I realized lately that whenever people asked me what I was doing ‘tonight’ I kept saying “It feels like a Batman Begins night.” And this was not over the course of a few random days in a 3 or 4 month span; this was for about 3 or 4 consecutive weekends. After the spiraling debacle that the Batman franchise became in the movies following -- well, the original -- the storytelling here, especially the way in which the writers profiled and developed the Batman / Bruce Wayne character by using flashbacks while simultaneously telling the present story, is impeccable.


The Bourne Ultimatum: Chances are that even though I will be living in a nuclear wasteland, there will be some sort of government, and chances are that government will be out to get me. What better way to learn to elude capture and not get the least bit flustered doing it than watching Matt Damon do it to the CIA in this masterpiece?


Dodgeball: This comedy is so over the top and quotable -- cameos from William Shatner, David Hasselhoff, Lance Armstrong AND Chuck Norris, make it priceless -- that it gets better every single time I see it. I’m pretty sure the idea of the inevitable onset of cancer thanks to the nuclear fallout would be a surefire means to depression; this would be a great way to lighten things up.


Fellowship of the Ring: I’d need to have an epic movie of some sort, and this is my favorite of the LOTR trilogy. I watched this so many times with Rye and TME I’m sure they got sick of me pointing out every little bit of what I consider brilliant acting. Ian McKellan as Gandalf is great, but Sean Bean as Boromir steals the show. Plus, compared to the other movies, there is less Frodo-Sam “stuff” that makes Casey uncomfortable.


Ocean’s Eleven: One word: Smooth.

Okay, one more: Seamless. Of course I’m referring to the heist itself, but the dialogue and the exchanges between the characters -- both verbal and non-verbal -- are so fluid in this movie. Another movie that gets better each time I watch it. Plus, Brad Pitt’s character can show me how to dress like a male gigolo (Ocean’s 12 reference).


2 ideas preached:

Unknown Sat Jan 19, 09:23:00 PM EST  

Nobody even commented.... look at that... is that because no one is surprised that I guessed all 5? Huh... thought so.

Ryan Miller Mon Jan 21, 11:43:00 AM EST  

Ahh, those were good times. And by the way Meg, I could've gotten them all fo'sho.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP