"I'm a Moron" Series - Part 1: Secret Santa

>> 30 December 2007

You ever have those moments in life when you just have to nod your head dejectedly and admit: "Yes, I am a moron"? I do. Probably more often than I would like to admit.

I really wanted to make this a single, isolated posting, but I soon realized that even though I don't plan on making a
habit out of it, there will definitely be more than just one of these moments in my life; hence, the start of the Series that will be posted about sporadically.

Commence self-deprecation:

So my church continues a great tradition every year by adopting a needy family to give gifts to. I received a mass email a couple of weeks back asking for volunteers to deliver the gifts; apparently this year they wanted to do a Secret Santa/"12 days of Christmas" theme. I volunteered. Simple enough, right? Deliver some gifts. Feel good. End of story.

The problem with me is that I skim emails, and this time I missed the operative word: Secret.

Well, the rest of the story is something along the lines of me going with a friend to drop off the presents, knocking on the door, waiting for them to answer (the exact opposite of running away undetected), getting invited in, handing the family the presents, learning their names, etc etc.

Moral of the story? Well, for one, read your emails. Sometimes words have meaning.

But the real lesson here is just don't be an idiot.

4 ideas preached:

Anonymous Sun Dec 30, 08:30:00 PM EST  

Absolutely hillarious. I'm laughing outloud.

Good stuff JD

Ashley Sun Dec 30, 10:29:00 PM EST  

Jason and I are dying laughing over here!

Jenna Mon Dec 31, 01:36:00 PM EST  

Silly Josh!

Loretta and Richie Wed Jan 02, 12:32:00 PM EST  

Did they get your phone number?

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP