The Theoretical 5-Disc DVD Changer Scenario -- Intro

>> 05 December 2007

The other day, some friends and I were discussing how lazy we've gotten, and the point of things some things; in this specific case, we were discussing the point of a 5-disc DVD changer. Is anyone really going to be in a situation where you will want to watch five movies consecutively, and not be in a position to be able to get up and change the discs after sitting on their butt for two hours?

I don't know why I'm writing about this. I guess it got us into an interesting discussion about which five movies we'd choose to keep in our changers if those were the only choices we were to have for the rest of our lives. And I know you're thinking of the exact same theoretical scenario that I am: If you were to know beforehand about a nuclear explosion that would wipe out everything except your TV, 5-disc changer, AV cables, electricity to your equipment (because these are all explosive-proof)...and, of course you and your remote (because in a post-apocalyptic world, you wouldn't want to get up to turn off the TV...that's just too much effort)...

Place the following in your comments:
1) Which five movies would I choose? (In case you think me egocentric, it is my blog, after all...)
2) Which five movies would you choose?

I know -- this turned into one of those email chain surveys you always see...

6 ideas preached:

Unknown Wed Dec 05, 11:28:00 PM EST  

Only thing I can think of for you JD would be the LOTR trilogy extended edition.

caseytanner Thu Dec 06, 04:55:00 PM EST  

JD: Dodgeball, and Collateral for sure. Then I have to go with LOTR trilogy.

Casey: BYU v Utah 2006, BYU v Utah 2000, (this is really hard by the way) Gridiron Gang, Remember the Titans, and Glory Road.

Unknown Thu Dec 06, 11:15:00 PM EST  

Easy: Dodgeball, Batman Begins, Ocean's 11, Bourne Ultimatum, and lets say LOTR (the first one).... and yes I bugged you....I am still bugging you in fact- I would be careful...;)

Peg and Parker Fri Dec 07, 05:10:00 PM EST  

1. Pretty sure Bourne Ultimatum, LOTR, and BYU Sport/football something of all time. Everything else is just filler.
2. The only true movies, in my humble yet correct opinion are as follows, To Catch a Thief, Charade, Princess Bride, While You Were Sleeping, Wait I just realized that my escapeism has gotten the better of me. Still good movies, but maybe not the sort of thing a nuclear holocaust surviver might crave. You + friends = way creative! Peg

Jenna Wed Dec 12, 11:10:00 AM EST  

Josh: Obviously the first thing I thought of was Dodgeball. Scrubs was the next thing. I know it's not a movie, but if it's the end of the world, you're going to need a few laughs : ) Everyone took everything else, so ditto.

Me: Just Like Heaven, Sweet Home Alabama, Man From Snowy River 2, and Pride and Prejudice (the long 2-disc version from BBC).

canoethrasher Wed Dec 19, 05:39:00 PM EST  

Im pretty sure Josh would opt out of entertainment value and slide into amount of breasts per square frame. I could see him sliding some keira and natalie in there just to remind him of his straight days. after he gets his quota of skin - i think he would pick a movie he could make fun of and get pissed about forever just to keep him busy - my vote there would be lady in the water or that robin williams hell movie. knowing josh his final video would be a home movie of himself in an abandoned warehouse going all CIA ninja on 600 multiethnic thugs
my picks: BYU v UTAH 1988, 1993, 1994, 1999 and 2003.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP