Asian Talent -- Photo of the Week 13 Oct 2008

>> 13 October 2008

Location: A freeway somewhere in CA or Nevada
Year: November 2005

Who says I don't have talent? When confronted with a box of leftover Chinese food and no utensils, I improvised some chopsticks: A ballpoint pen and a highlighter. I don't like to brag, but my own resourcefulness reminded me of Macgyver.

...'course, the argument could be made that despite my proficiency at multi-tasking, I lack the requisite common sense to stop me from doing all of this while also driving at 85 mph.

7 ideas preached:

Amanda Lynn, to be exact Mon Oct 13, 11:04:00 AM EDT  

Oh, I cringe to think where those writing utensils had been before you used them to put leftover, unrefrigerated Chinese takeout in your mouth. On the floor of your car? The bottom of your backpack? The gaping maw between the driver's seat and the gear shift? The possibilities are endless...Totally gross...but possibly a bit like unto MacGuyver...build me a shopping mall with a toothpick and an electric razor and I'll be convinced.

Anonymous Mon Oct 13, 11:28:00 AM EDT  

That is some serious skills

John Mon Oct 13, 01:41:00 PM EDT  

Wow, Asian. Did a little catching up on your blog (Hadn't read anything new since the Power Ranger picture), and I am loving the new posts. They had me cracking up.
Chopsticks (especially Macgyver ones) while doing 85, that is impressive.

Ben Mon Oct 13, 06:21:00 PM EDT  

Are you eating out of an envelope?

Doug Clark Mon Oct 13, 06:27:00 PM EDT  

Washington recently banned texting while driving as well as talking on the phone without a hands-free kit. I'm writing my congressman to address your chopstick use :)

I'm also making sure the relevant statutory language encompasses using items in a chopstick-like manner so you don't avoid prosecution by using writing instruments.

jendw Mon Oct 13, 09:36:00 PM EDT  

I give you a 10 on the MacGuyver resourcefulness scale, and a 1 on the cleanliness scale. It's like those big rig truck drivers who don't want to bother to stop and pee, so they just pee in an empty milk jug and toss it out the window. Yes, that's a true story, they kept finding these pee jugs along the freeway.

You're only a couple steps away from the pee jug. Be very careful little brother.

Melody Tue Oct 14, 05:38:00 PM EDT  

Okay, not as bad as texting...but I'm one of those anxious driver types that happens to love the new cell phone laws. See, I bet if we zoomed out on this photo, you're probably halfway into the next lane, and just cut someone off (probably me since you were in CA). But I give you points for still looking straight ahead. :)

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP