Putting Chuck Norris in Perspective -- Photo of the Week 27 Oct 2008

>> 27 October 2008


I find the most random things when searching for photos to supplement other entries. I can't remember what sort of search keywords led me to this one.

With all of the hype that's been made of Chuck Norris in the Chuck Norris Facts, I figured this would serve as a nice reminder (although quoting God is a bit of a risky proposition). I love these readerboards outside of churches; they crack me up. I'm sure my friends who have lived down South for any period of time (Nartker? Anything off the top of your head?) can recall some amusing ones. I wonder what LDS chapels would do with them if we had them out in front of our buildings?

Remember how Chuck Norris was Mike Huckabee's biggest endorser for the Republican ticket? That was funny on a lot of levels.

5 ideas preached:

Anonymous Mon Oct 27, 11:14:00 AM EDT  

Wow from what I can tell this is legit. See the links below. I thought this was from one of those Church Sign Generators that I've seen Mormon signs that were fake dispersed on the internet like a Forest Bend talk.

http://jwest.wordpress.com/2008/08/05/a-church-sign-that-should-never-have-been/
http://crummychurchsigns.blogspot.com/2008/08/alpha-and-omega-force.html

adamf Mon Oct 27, 11:28:00 AM EDT  

Honestly, the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture was it should have said "I made God" ~Chuck Norris.

I must be under the Chuck Norris influence.

Jason Nartker Mon Oct 27, 12:32:00 PM EDT  

There are a ton. . . but my all time favorite has to be,

"Beware of False Prophets on Bicycles"

Hillarious.

Barbaloot Mon Oct 27, 12:43:00 PM EDT  

Hilarious! Thanks for putting that one up.

Julie Mon Oct 27, 02:38:00 PM EDT  

Ha. Love it. I used to see signs like that in Alaska. "Hey, we haven't talked in awhile" --God. The best is when preachers have the audacity to quote God.

Besides, if you're going to quote God, make it realistic. "Hey, did you see that new ben and jerry's flavor? NOW do you believe in me?" or something along those lines.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP