My AAA Conference Report

>> 02 October 2008

I recently returned from the annual AAA (Asian-American Association) Conference. This year's theme was "Towards Homogeny -- A More United Front." They suggested that we take a couple of handouts home. I personally think the leadership of the AAA is getting a little uptight, but don't let them know that. They could revoke my membership.

The first handout was the "5A", or the Asian-American Association Approved Activities List, detailing the activities that are approved, non-approved, and pending approval as an Asian. Click the thumbnail below to view it.


The second list is a sort of "self-measuring" scale -- you can gauge your "Asian-ness" on the spectrum as compared to other Asians.

I thought this last handout was a little incomplete. I guess the remaining questions are: Who is missing, where would they rank, and why?

5 ideas preached:

Anonymous Thu Oct 02, 07:29:00 PM EDT  

That's excellent. You left off anime. Ashley is taking a Tai Chi class so she is working on her AAA certification

Jen Thu Oct 02, 08:40:00 PM EDT  

Its Manga...not Monga...seriously,what the hell. That guy needed punched in the throat for trying to hard.

Amanda Lynn, to be exact Fri Oct 03, 09:15:00 AM EDT  

I am curious to know if part of your conference activities included a session entitled "How to Turn Your Non-Asian Friends'Innocent Remarks Into What Appear to be Blatant Cultural Insensitivities and Embarrass Them in Front of Large Groups While Causing Them to Internally Question Their Own Racial Biases"? Did you teach said info session? If it's not on the calendar for next year I think you should propose it...I think the Party...ahem, I mean Association Leadership would be quite pleased.

Ryan Miller Sat Oct 04, 01:46:00 PM EDT  

when i think of an asian who is a 10, i think of the chi teachers. you have one man who's mastered the chi standing spread eagle while another master kicks him biscuits. now that's focusing your chi!?! no, that's survival of the fittest in haploid genetics, all the non-michael phelps-swimmers down there will surely perish. hopefully you have to master no such tests at the conference.

John Mon Oct 13, 01:44:00 PM EDT  

My goodness, this post was hilarious. Mr Miyagi at a 10, I agree 100%!!

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP