Q.A.S.

>> 06 May 2009

My sister's friend, JG, passed this one on. Thanks for the submission.

At last, our voice -- albeit faintly -- is being heard.



We Asians suffer from a variety of other, lesser-known syndromes:

  • Rice-Rocket Syndrome, or RRS -- the irresistable urge to take a (at best) mediocre car and spend thousands of dollars to modify it;

  • Wish Yao Ming Would Give Me Some of His Height Syndrome, or WYMWGMSHHS -- the jealousy of NBA center Yao Ming and his freakish height, and the thought that, because of his communist roots, he should willingly give some of his height to shorter Asians as part of the community's "redistribution of height" efforts. We're not asking for much here; like half an inch or something;

  • Anime Fixation Syndrome, or AFS -- Don't get me started, or expletives are going to start flowing from my mouth like Niagara;

  • Over-Documentation Syndrome, or ODS -- The prevalence and sheep-like herding of Asian tour groups is well known, but their need to snap a picture of every single thing they see -- I saw a lady take a picture of a guard rail once...a guard rail! -- is not well understood.
And many, many more.

3 ideas preached:

Barbaloot Wed May 06, 01:19:00 PM EDT  

I don't think QAS applies to Chinese. Every time my sister-in-law talks to me I feel like she's yelling/angry.
Her: "Ba-bala-I like your curly hair."
Me: "I'm sorry! I won't do it again!"

Jason Wed May 06, 09:46:00 PM EDT  

I think Beastie Boys is the cure

Kerstin Miller Thu May 07, 04:15:00 PM EDT  

one word. hilarious.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP