Homeless Power Ranger -- Photo of the Week 29 Sep 2008

>> 29 September 2008

I was searching for pictures for a different blog entry and stumbled on this one, which is funny (to me) on so many levels. First, these posters that parody the abstraction-centered "inspirational" posters, if done well, are hilarious. Second, it's got Power Rangers in it. How is that NOT funny?* Third, people actually devoted the time and money to make this poster. Fourth, it's true. I challenge you to find me anyone who was involved in the Power Rangers TV show who is currently employed.

*Confession: When the original Power Rangers came out, I used to rush home from school to watch it. It lasted until I realized I wanted to be able to hold a conversation with normal people and not end up in one of those school clubs that reenacts Dungeons & Dragons battles.

6 ideas preached:

Barbaloot Mon Sep 29, 12:22:00 PM EDT  

I used to watch the show, too! And also--I kind of enjoy picturing you in Dungeon and Dragons clubs.

John Mon Sep 29, 02:05:00 PM EDT  

That's a great picture, and those despair posters are hilarious. I used to watch that show religiously. To answer your challenge (really, this isn't out of spite, at least not completely :-)) I previously recognized the main girl in the show "Flashpoint" as the original pink ranger.

Peg and Parker Mon Sep 29, 02:35:00 PM EDT  

I have often wondered what happened to the Power Rangers. Good to know, plus, maybe there is a government "buy-out" that we could subscribe to in their behalf, It's not just for lenders anymore. Lots of twenty somethings would be at peace again. I commend you for this worthy post. Many Smiles.

Melody Mon Sep 29, 05:29:00 PM EDT  

I don't know how you keep finding these hilarious pictures, but I do know that I laugh out loud every time I read your blog. If you ever stop blogging, just know that you're forcing millions into spiraling depression :)(When I first saw this poster, I thought it was from an episode of Rob & Big!).

jendw Tue Sep 30, 03:48:00 PM EDT  

My 7-year old student tells me there are now 4 or 5 different Power Rangers series on TV now.

Ryan Miller Sat Oct 04, 01:53:00 PM EDT  

i saw a man once that was holding a sign that said "will hunt for food". that sounds somewhat low key right? but when you think about it, he either wants a gun or has a gun...

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP