Jones Soda Blows -- Photo of the Week 24 Nov 2008

>> 24 November 2008

With the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, I hope all of you get to enjoy time with your families and continue those traditions that bring you together, create memories, etc.

Here's one tradition that should not go on: Jones Soda and their holiday vintage flavors: Cranberry Soda, Pumpkin Pie Soda, Wild Herb Stuffing Soda, Turkey & Gravy Soda...



And, most disgustingly, Brussel Sprouts Soda.



These pictures were taken the night before my friend Rye got married. We were bored, and I admittedly ended up trying some. I do not possess the command of the English language required to describe the flavor. The only comparable sensations I can think of come from two separate episodes of "Man vs. Wild" with Bear Grylls. Anybody see the episode where Bear is dehydrated, disembowels a camel, takes its dung, then squeezes and drinks the fluid?



Also, there is another episode where Bear finds a snake and eats it -- standard fare for the show. He then takes the empty skin of the snake, pees into it, ties up this tube of his own urine and slings it over his shoulder, thinking that he might "need it for later." Sure enough (go to the 4:05 mark or so):



On the "Disgusting Things Frat Boys Are Likely To Drink At Some Point" scale, I would place Brussel Sprouts Soda between "Drinking a wild animal's urine" and "Drinking your own urine" -- it's basically the same as the other two, but with carbonation!

Now if you'll excuse, I need to go have an experiential-recall-induced vomit.

5 ideas preached:

Jenna Mon Nov 24, 01:00:00 PM EST  

Everytime I see those, I'm glad I don't drink soda or else I would have to try them. Have you ever tried Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans? Some of those are pretty gross.

Ben Mon Nov 24, 09:32:00 PM EST  

I want to try that! Cool.

PS You've got to check your Man vs. Wild references. I think he squeezes the camel's stomach contents into his mouth for fluid. (In a separate episode he does sqeeze fresh elephant dung into his mouth).

Juli Wed Nov 26, 09:04:00 AM EST  

Sorry Josh. Have to side with Dr. Paxton here. Your Man vs. Wild references are off. You just don't forget seeing something like that.
But you can, and should, make fun of Ben for spelling "squeeze" wrong.

JD Wed Nov 26, 10:07:00 AM EST  

this is BS; did either of you two watch the videos? Huh?

jendw Thu Nov 27, 09:33:00 AM EST  

Josh, I'm sorry, but I remember the camel's stomach being squeezed too. That's two big sisters and a BIL against one. Sorry.

Spellcheck Ben, spellcheck.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP