Bustin' the Butt Rock -- Photo of the Week 5 Jan 2009

>> 05 January 2009

(click image to enlarge: l. to r. Ozzy Osbourne, Anthrax,
Def Leppard, Pantera, Judas Priest)

When: May 1999
Where: Some hotel lobby in Chicago, IL

Had to pull this one out of the vault. It's just me and some high school buddies displaying a sampling of the butt rock t-shirts we amassed over the course of a few years. No need to fear, though. This was the only time I wore the shirt in public.

Unless, of course, the following are considered "wearing in public": Wearing it to all school basketball games that I was a fan at; underneath my soccer jersey my senior year (good luck...duh); to various school dances; to all major Science Olympiad competitions* I competed in, etc etc.

In all seriousness, I want you to appreciate the composition of this photograph -- the symmetry, the raw emotion in our expressions. This should be hanging in a museum somewhere.

This photo is also serving as a primer for tomorrow's blog post. Make sure to come back and check it out.

*I know, I know.

4 ideas preached:

Unknown Mon Jan 05, 11:28:00 AM EST  

oh i have always loved that shot.. yes it is an uncanny replica of one i did see in a museum actually... stunningly captured. wish that credit could go to you. and i love that the caption names the shirts not the boys. seriously, what's important anyway?!

Amanda Lynn, to be exact Mon Jan 05, 01:28:00 PM EST  

You were right...I most definitely LOL'd. Well done. I hope this photo doesn't come back to haunt any of you who might have future political ambitions...this kind of indiscretion could kill a shot at public office...

Anonymous Mon Jan 05, 04:14:00 PM EST  

I was wondering where you found this photo of a bunch of douche bags, and only when I read the verbiage did I realize it was actually of you. You might want to make it more clear up front.

JD Wed Mar 25, 08:03:00 AM EDT  

You're right. I should take advice on how to lay out my blog posts from somebody who posts as "Captain Nefarious" and uses words like "douche bag." How negligent of me.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP