Random Thoughts From Wednesday

>> 28 January 2009

--You ever have something produce an unintended result? Let me explain a bit. A few years back, TME and some other roommates and I went to watch Miracle, the story of the 1980 US Olympic hockey team that overcame "Amy Winehouse will never use drugs again" odds to beat a powerhouse Russian team. When the film was over and we were walking out of the theater, everyone was feeling positive, inspired, proud to be American, etc. TME? "Where're some Russians?? I want to hit one!" Probably not the intent of the movie.

Now that I think about it, this episode may have been the reason I subconsciously avoided watching Pearl Harbor with TME. That, and it's just not that good of a movie.

--Horribly bad timing of the week: For the birthday, my buddy Banker got me tickets to a Monster Truck show. And not just any tickets. Backstage passes to get up-close and personal with the trucks AND the drivers. Problem: I had to WORK that Saturday. I haven't been this mad at myself since I watched Battlefield Earth. Banker did keep me updated with periodic texts ("ps: This is ridiculous") and pictures/videos:

Oh, the "what ifs"...

2 ideas preached:

Doug Clark Thu Jan 29, 06:51:00 PM EST  

I remember Pearl Harbor...we thought it was gonna be historically accurate (i.e. not a Ben Affleck love story)...I still remember you cowering after the movie, looking at all the white people and saying, "they all hate me"...ahh good times.

JD Fri Jan 30, 03:54:00 PM EST  

perhaps my fears were validated by my cheering during the attack. it was my japanese half. i couldn't help it.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP