Weekly Selects #3

>> 27 August 2009

Digital Correspondence continues. Seems like I'll continue getting enough material to continue doing this semi-consistently. I probably think my friends' stories are funnier than they actually are -- but whatever. As always, I have made no editorial intervention.

--Via picture TXT, White Josh sent this to me:

I am emailing you the most awesome japa-perm ever:

He's some dude Josh used to see at his work cafeteria. I would like to think the resemblance is negligible, but my guess is that Josh -- either subconsciously or not -- sent this to me because he thought there was some slight similarities. I suppose I shouldn't be insulted that I get sent pictures like this. I deserve it.

--Via TXT, from DJA and AM, respectively. Some background to follow the quotes:
Lets make it aaalll for love and... damn you jd i cant get it out of my head!

Guess which song was in my head when i woke up this morning? rod stewart wont leave me alone.
Background: The 1993 Three Musketeers (a movie that has NOT aged well; see: Keith Richards. Holy hell. The man should be a spokesman for the ill-effects of alcohol poisoning) had the hit song "All For Love" sung by Rod Stewart, Bryan Adams, and Sting. On the extreme off-chance that you have the DVD, there is an absolute gem in the "Extra Features" section -- the "All For Love" music video. There are no words to describe the unintentional comedy here. (highlights if you don't have time for the whole thing: 0:42, 1:00, 1:50, 2:03, 2:45, 2:59, 3:11)



All three singers are great, but Rod Stewart is the undisputed all-star of the video. In the works, of course, is a reenactment for a talent show. By outright consensus, DJA will be playing Rod Stewart. I threw together some "concept artwork" for you:

You can thank me later.

--Via Facebook wall post from Chunk:
You'll be disappointed to find out that I moved out of the lomilomi house after being there less than 24 hours.
Lomilomi is Hawaiian for massage. In a desperate search for grad school housing in Hawaii, Chunk turned to Craigslist. He found a single, 40-year old male masseuse with a glass eye, who added in an email that "free massages are a perk for roommates." Whether the "offer" was serious or not is still up in the air, but I joked with Chunk that he would be out of there sooner than he would think. I had no idea I would be so accurate in my prescience.

1 ideas preached:

Barbaloot Fri Aug 28, 12:07:00 AM EDT  

Well, now I'm strangely attracted to Bryan Adams. Your fault. I hate frilly blouses more than ever. Your fault---and Rod's. And I still have only apathetic feeling directed towards Sting.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP