Weekly Selects

>> 19 August 2009

More DC highlights from the past week. Enjoy.

--Via Gchat from my boy Banker, who is a Philly native, and does amazing things with the English language, such as turning an adjective into a plural noun (ie "Are you lames going to that party?"). I was watching Phillies-Cubs last Thurs and texted Banker about his boy Pedro's dirty stinky (another Bankerism) pitching. His reply, of course:

"yo. my man is s***ing all OVER the cubs"
Coincidentally, this is the game in which an idiot Cubs fan threw his beer at Phils' outfielder Shane Victorino as he was catching a flyball. Deadspin got all of its readers in on the vigilante justice that was about to be laid down on the moron -- I'm sure Banker was at the forefront with both Molotov cocktail and chair to throw at the guy.

More on my reconciliation with baseball later.

--Via iPod Touch, White Josh's ongoing med school adventures:
Med school acapella group is trying to recruit members [by] giving us a sample--breakfast at tiffanys. They suck.
--Via Gchat from Jay. Seriously, for anybody who has any doubts about his affinity for less clothing, here is more testimony. This was after I had chatted with him for a good 10 min:
well I'm naked so I better run
good chatting with you

2 ideas preached:

Barbaloot Thu Aug 20, 10:39:00 AM EDT  

A reconciliation with baseball. Are you sure that's wise?

Jason Fri Aug 21, 12:25:00 AM EDT  

I was in the middle of getting ready and you started IMinh me. What was I supposed to do?

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP