Highlights for the Week

>> 12 August 2009

Correspondence via snail mail is pretty much done. Pen pals; creepy stalkers sending letters; vomit-inducing love letters; these are all a thing of the past.

Nowadays it's done instantly through email, texting, Facebook, and -- much to my annoyance -- Twitter. It's a Digital Correspondence (DC) age, for better or worse.

So here are some of my DC highlights from the week:

--Via email from my marathon consigliere, Coach, who occasionally has issue a virtual reprimand to me when I deviate from his assigned schedules. This snippet is not a reprimand, but hilarious:

"I have some concern about how the perm will affect your athletic performance. However, hair-style advice is likely beyond the bounds of my responsibilities as a coach. You look pretty hot though."
--Via TXT from White Josh, re: his first day of med school:
"Easily 1/3 of class is of the azn descent. Crazy"
The only thing that surprises me about this is that it wasn't higher. Let's face it, my people are taking over the hard sciences and technical fields, while disgraceful halfies like myself study in a liberal arts major, and are left to hang our heads in the shame we have brought upon our ancestors' computationally-inclined households.

--Via Email from Jay, re: awkward shirtless photos the GA Tech FB team took for PR purposes (including one picture below). I sent them to Jay for two reasons: 1) he went to grad school there; 2) Back in college he liked to walk around shirtless -- to the extent that we considered marketing a "Poolside Tanner" calendar for the neighborhood ladies. Just various photos of Jay shirtless. His reply to my email:
"I did rail slide naked in the background, but they must have photoshopped that out."
Can't wait for the video of that one to go viral, Jay!

0 ideas preached:

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP