More Perm Photos -- Photo(s) of the Week 10 Aug 2009

>> 10 August 2009

Well, many of you asked for more details/photos on the permed hair. Anne M posted some photos on Facebook:


Since this took place about three weeks ago, the hair continues to grow in volume, autonomy, and epicness (don't argue -- it's a word). I'm not talking Trojan War epic, but on my own personal epic scale it ranks somewhere between beating Midge at Speed Scrabble and that one time I was in the middle school jazz band and had a saxophone solo.

People ask me what I "do" with the hair -- I'm assuming they are asking how I style it, and not wondering if I spend hours planning hair-centric activities -- and the answer is nothing. Since the perm, I'm now honestly convinced that my hair has become self-aware. It just does whatever the hell it wants, and I have to acquiesce and learn to live with it. It's wearing the pants.

It is also a Kobe Bryant-like polarizing figure, having caused an irreconcilable splintering of my friends into two camps: There are those who embrace it and lobby for its continued existence, while there are those who want to go all Delilah on it and shear me like a sheep. Hopefully the hair doesn't continue the Kobe-trend and end up getting accused of rape in Colorado or being a selfish player who scowls at his teammates.

Powered by Perm®, people.




Happy Monday. My shoulder's sore after a full Saturday of intense wiffle ball.

7 ideas preached:

Melody Mon Aug 10, 11:28:00 AM EDT  

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Barbaloot Mon Aug 10, 11:41:00 AM EDT  

I'm still feeling uncomfortable about the fact that you let someone perm your hair. Was it really a fair trade for the Chuck Norris shirt?

Anne Mon Aug 10, 12:31:00 PM EDT  

Oh believe me. It was a fair trade. I'm pretty sure the majority of the people at church didn't even realize anything was different with JD's hair and EVERYONE noticed the irreverent Chuck Norris Shirt. Plus, JD got to spend over an hour having me run my fingers through his hair and he can't forget about the fantastic scalp massage that concluded the whole experience... I've got to see pictures of the hair now. I mean, I am mostly responsible for it.

Ashley Clark Mon Aug 10, 10:54:00 PM EDT  

Oh Josh. You are hilarious.

Kerstin Miller Tue Aug 11, 11:58:00 PM EDT  

nice! you are pretty brave to get a perm! Even with Jen making that scary face next to you! I hope she didn't do it to ya! lol We want a close up!

Kristina Mon May 09, 10:33:00 AM EDT  

Hey!! Just found your page by your perm pic. I'm doing a paper on perms and hope you don't mind if I use your pic. I just want to know one thing..how do you play speed Scrabble?? I love Scrabble and this sounds frickin' awesome.

JD Mon May 09, 07:30:00 PM EDT  

@Kristina -- I'm going to give my tentative approval to use the photos, though without an email address I'm not sure how to give your permission. First, two questions:

1) What are the details of this paper? Can I view the final product?

2) If you want better photos, I have them...these are probably not my best.

Speed Scrabble explanation: http://byudalton.blogspot.com/2009/08/addiction-and-teacher-that-is-speed.html

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP