Optimism Poster -- Photo of the Week 9 Feb 2009

>> 09 February 2009

Back with PotW. Sorry about the hiatus last week. My extremely limited concentration and writing powers were being focused elsewhere.

This reminds me of the time JT set the large dumpster outside of our apt complex on fire with a checkbook. See, before the invention of the paper-shredder, JT burnt his unused/old checkbooks. And then, after putting out the checkbook flames, he would throw them in a dumpster full of other combustibles. One night at the end of a semester, we were cleaning the apartment and I looked out the window to see that something was burning in our complex's large dumpster. Fast. I yelled at JT to grab some water and we rushed out. I dove in headfirst and began pouring water in while sucking in toxic burning styrofoam fumes. It was like Backdraft and Ladder 49 mashed all into one.* The source of the inferno? You guessed it: An old, burnt checkbook.

I still "joke" that I am going to sue JT if I develop lung cancer.

*Seen neither of these movies.

2 ideas preached:

Anonymous Mon Feb 09, 11:11:00 AM EST  

Too funny. I distinctly remember green smoke coming off the styrofoam. And for what it is worth, I now own a paper shredder.

Jennica Mon Feb 09, 11:03:00 PM EST  

I like how you refer to the movies, and then endnote it with...I haven't seen them :D

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP