Random Thoughts From a 12-Hour Shift

>> 07 February 2009

--The more I think about it...and believe me, the more I think about it, the less I want to... Bundaberg, the Australian root beer that pulled a Matt Leinhart and essentially rode the pine as a non-competitor in the Root Beer Royal Rumble, was horrible. Absolutely horrible. I honestly think it's bottled kangaroo urine. So now I have three bottles of kangaroo pee chilling in my fridge that I don't want to toss because it was expensive. How pathetic is that?

Maybe this scenario bears a similarity to the bottling process? (No, I haven't the slightest clue as to the subtitle language):



A similar post-consumption facial tic (see 2:15) has presented itself in me, and has yet to go away.

--This is my notebook of thoughts:

She has endured a full year+ of sitting in the back-left pocket of my pants. If anybody in the future wants to recreate an accurate and precise die-cast replica of my left butt-cheek, this notebook will no doubt serve as the authoritative mold. It's no time-capsule (lame!), but just a little something for future generations.

--What with my weird work schedule and battle with insomnia, I run at strange hours. Worried people tell me not to run alone so late. And then ask if I have reflective clothing. Or a rape whistle. And if I have life insurance. And if they can be listed as the benefactor if anything happens to me.

But really, I don't have reflective clothing, and I'll tell you why: I live in gang-territory. I debated the merits of high visibility and decided that I'd rather be hit by a car than shot or beaten with a tire iron. That's just me, though.

--Get ready. Get ready. Get ready:

3 ideas preached:

Amanda Lynn, to be exact Sun Feb 08, 10:21:00 AM EST  

Well that's all fine and good, but what about your right butt cheek? Who's going to want a die-cast mold of half of your butt? Seriously. Also, I think the subtitles in your clip might be Afrikaans. Not sure. Just an unresearched guess.

Barbaloot Sun Feb 08, 11:33:00 PM EST  

I wasn't altogether worried about the whole running alone thing (for you, not for me) until you brought up the gang thing. Seriously?
That sounds not fun to me.

Anonymous Tue Feb 10, 10:29:00 AM EST  

You think you have a residual facial tic? If I recall, I finished the rest of that bottle... you should see what happened to my face. Though most folks just think it's an awkward attempt at flirting...it was actually the kangaroo wiz. And as for gangs...your in latino territory, so at least you won't have to worry about your remains... http://news.aol.com/article/mexican-dissolved-300-bodies/286794

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP