Affirmation of My Career Choice

>> 12 March 2009

Forgot to mention I went to the dentist last week for the routine check-up/taking of my money. Needless to say, I got violated. And not in the good way.

Back in my ignorant days, I was considering the dental track. Good pay. Good work schedule.

Then two things happened that changed my perspective:
1) I became disenchanted with science;
2) I realized I don't hate my fellow human beings enough to inflict pain on them.

There is no pleasing dentists:

Do you brush and floss regularly?
"Yes"
How often?
"I brush at least twice a day and floss everyday. Is that 'regularly' enough for you? Are we going to start arguing semantics on top of you gouging my gums with that scythe-thing? Who am I, Braveheart?"
Well, your brushing and flossing don't seem to be very effective.

Well, this last visit pushed me over the edge. I'm openly declaring that I am a rabid Anti-Dentite (They DO have their own schools!). Thank you, Seinfeld, for giving me the strength to admit it.

Seriously, dentists. You and I are done, professionally.

5 ideas preached:

Melody Thu Mar 12, 02:02:00 PM EDT  

You must have an HMO dentist. :)

Example: I told my old (HMO) dentist that I had had radiation to my lower jaw because I thought he might want to know. He said "Okay" and looked at me like "..and why do I care?"

Then I got a new dentist (non-HMO) and told him the same thing. He said: "I'm glad you told me that because if you had gotten your wisdom teeth pulled, you could have gotten necrosis in your jaw bone (bone dies and never grows back).

Hmmm...thanks a lot HMO dentist. Glad you paid attention in dental school.

Amy Lovell Thu Mar 12, 06:47:00 PM EDT  

Try going to the doctor three times in less than a month for a cleaning, surgery, and a "emergency" visit...then you'll really love the dentist. :)

Anonymous Fri Mar 13, 02:02:00 AM EDT  

If you want to feel violated by a dentist you need to move to Sactown:

http://www.sacbee.com/ourregion/story/1689231.html

Amanda Lynn, to be exact Fri Mar 13, 08:36:00 AM EDT  

Cowboy up, Dalton. Come on, at least you have those pearly whites to show for it. Okay, fine, I admit it, I am also an anti-dentite. I would probably rather have eye surgery again than go to the dentist. At least they eye surgeon gave me valium. Geez.

Jennica Sun Mar 15, 01:14:00 AM EDT  

I like the dentist....you must have a bad one, lol

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP