The Jug -- Photo of the Week 23 Mar 2009

>> 23 March 2009

Had an interesting passenger in the seat next to me the other night. Sociopath disguised as an innocent hitchhiker? Crazy man in a clown outfit? Not quite:

That's right. AM returned from central Pennsylvania and brought me back a half-gallon glass jug of Amish-brewed root beer. Awesome gift, right?

I wish I could tell you a lot of things about the contents. I wish I could tell you that it was brewed in a bathtub, or that I nearly passed out when I first opened up the bottle because the fumes were so strong, or that I temporarily went blind after my first taste.

Sorry, no such luck. The best way to describe the taste is just a nice, tasty homemade feel; earthy. In fact, AM started calling it "Earth Beer," but in the initial elation of presenting me with the jug, she was overcome by excitement-induced dyslexia and called it "Ear Birth." Yeah. I was confused, too.

Half the greatness of the present is that when I'm done with the beer I'll be able to wash the jug and stick it on top of my bookshelf with all of the other empty root beer bottles. Something tells me the jug and its massive girth ("...and I don't know what girth means") are going to stick out like the kid in middle school who hit puberty before anyone else, and was like six inches taller and 50 lbs heavier than everyone.

don't ask me why i'm always
kissing bottles/jugs of root beer


At least it won't have uncontrollable B.O. and acne.

2 ideas preached:

jendw Tue Mar 24, 07:09:00 AM EDT  

If it tasted "earthy", it was probably brewed with yeast (yes, my husband looked into brewing our own root beer at some point).

And really, Josh. You couldn't wait until you got home to drink it? It's not cool to drink and drive.

Jennica Tue Mar 24, 02:57:00 PM EDT  

Huh, who knew the Amish made their own soda to...

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP