Rethinking Bumper Sticker Theory -- Photo of the Week 22 June 2009

>> 22 June 2009

So back in December, I developed a theory about bumper stickers on cars. And drafted an accompanying equation and graph. This look familiar?


Well, Syd V. found a car in the movie theater parking lot that proves my point, but that may require me to fine-tune the graph a little bit (click the photo to have a larger view of craziness):

This car was smothered in peace-supporting bumper stickers.

Suddenly, I have been forced to rethink my graph; the x-axis serving as an asymptote (bite me, high school pre-calc) is limiting, as there is no possibility of going into what I will call PETA territory, aka "doing more harm to your cause than good" territory. Which I believe this person definitely has.

Look, I'm all about peace, but this _______ (insert word of choice for person who plasters their BMW SUV in bumper stickers) has single-handedly managed to set the cause of World Peace back at least 10 years, simply because they wanted to go on a sticker-pasting binge. It's embarrassing to World Peace to be all over this person's car. Do you think World Peace wants to be friends with this person? No! World Peace wants to meet this individual in a dark alley and go all "Sabretooth-on-Wolverine before the latter got juiced on adamantium" on them for hindering the cause. Just kidding.

But not really.


Nicely done on being aware with those camera-phones, folks. Keep 'em coming.
Happy Monday all. I'm battling some vertigo today.

6 ideas preached:

Anonymous Tue Jun 23, 02:22:00 AM EDT  

Does anyone else notice how much hate there is on those stickers for being all about peace?

Hannah Neville McMillan Tue Jun 23, 10:18:00 AM EDT  

hahaha. I agree!

Sydney Tue Jun 23, 11:17:00 AM EDT  

It gets even better. As I posted this picture and another one I took to my facebook, I noticed a large discrepency. Turns out there is a Subaru emblem on the front and BMW on the back. If you look closer at the back of the car, it says Subaru Outback by the liscens plate. So, not only is this person nuts, they are a criminal and stole someones BMW hood ornament which made them look like even more of a ________.

Nicely done.

Chris Terrell Wed Jun 24, 04:41:00 PM EDT  

lol!! I totaly have a pic of this car!I took it a few months ago by 7/11 by my old place.

Anonymous Fri Jun 26, 07:13:00 PM EDT  

All I can say is "visualize whirled peas". Should be a bumper sticker.

Anonymous Tue Jun 30, 11:13:00 AM EDT  

"Visualize Whirled Peas" is a bumper sticker. A tree-hugging friend of mine had it on his Honda Civic in high school. Next to a "Subvert the Dominant Paradigm" sticker. We're not friends anymore, but not because of his bumber sticker preferences.

I have seen this car, too! It was parked outside Kitty O'Sheas in Clarendon a couple of weeks ago. Ridiculous.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP