Summer Gum (un)Recommendation

>> 30 June 2009

If you live in a location where it is hot and humid, do not purchase this gum:


It was my favorite; in humidity, however, it turns into an unwrappable and formless mess of disgustingness. Imagine microwaving a slug, poking the resultant blob with a stick, and then wrapping it in some white paper. That's what this gum becomes. And no one wants to put that in their mouth.

Additionally, their commercials are to TV advertising what Kanye West is to public speaking; and if Case's principled stands have taught us anything, it's that you should place an unqualified lifelong ban on the purchase of any product that has crappy commercials.

6 ideas preached:

Julie Tue Jun 30, 02:07:00 PM EDT  

ew - gum slugs? nasty. i remember i took this kind of gum with me to peru and it didn't last long. now i know why all those kids in mexico are always selling chiclets. smarties.

Barbaloot Tue Jun 30, 03:34:00 PM EDT  

Why would you have to poke said slug before wrapping it in paper? Seems rather asinine to me...

And also, that commercial theory is the whole reason I avoid things like Snuggie, OxyClean, ShamWow etc. That. and cuz they look fairly lame.

Josh Hauser Tue Jun 30, 08:14:00 PM EDT  

I was just noticing this the other day. It was a total gum turn-off. I felt like I had been violated by the a damp fairy.

Jason Wed Jul 01, 01:46:00 AM EDT  

Fully agree with the lifelong ban for bad commercials. If my initial thought with regards to a syore is how bad a commercial is I can't support it. Olive Garden gives me the willies. MvDonalds is notoriously bad too.

Hannah Neville McMillan Wed Jul 01, 09:26:00 AM EDT  

haha, it's sooo true!

caseytanner Thu Jul 02, 03:18:00 AM EDT  

very true JD. and Jack in Box is now on my list w/ their Mini burger commercials.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP