Chameleon in the Fridge

>> 11 September 2009

Just moved to a new place. My new fridge has a water-filter pitcher, just like my old place. Purified water is a good thing.

One thing I've noticed about this particular pitcher, however, is that the water inside of it acquires the flavor of whatever else happens to be in the refrigerator with it (usually the strongest-flavored item). It's uncanny. The pitcher is like a Flavor Chameleon.

So far I have downed large, almost-refreshing glasses of cold Kimchee-water and Ham-water. Neither are what I would call pleasant. Not sure what the solution is, but I'm hard-pressed to think of too many flavors of water that I would be okay with.

I can tell you varieties I will not be okay with, just off the top of my head: Mayonnaise-water, Hummus-water, and Garlic-water. Even as a Bacon Purist, and an advocate of a Bacon Perfume, I would probably veto Bacon-water. (As a man who has eaten cornbread-batter-fried bacon, and who ate a bacon chocolate cupcake last week, I can't believe I just rejected the idea of bacon-flavored anything, but it's the truth.)

Sometimes you just want to keep things nice and simple.

3 ideas preached:

Amy Lovell Fri Sep 11, 11:27:00 AM EDT  

Maybe you should just buy a new water pitcher...or REALLY clean out your fridge! :)

Juli Fri Sep 11, 03:01:00 PM EDT  

Well, if you find anything good you could always post it here! http://news.cnet.com/8301-13846_3-10348599-62.html

jess p Tue Sep 22, 08:14:00 PM EDT  

the other day i almost threw up because my water bottle that had been in the fridge for a while smelled like onions. it gave me a headache.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP