Weekly Selects #18

>> 17 December 2009

-Via TXT from Josh M:

This dude next to me at the bank just withdrew a hundred ones no joke
Uh, well, let's see...you can buy tons of different things for $100, so I'm not judging -- but the possible list of purchases that require 100 separate one-dollar bills is pretty short. So now I'm judging.

-Via IM from White Josh, completely out of the blue:
have you ever been sitting down somwhere and had to ask yourself if you are wearing any underwear? Just had a drafty moment and had to think about getting dressed this morning
Uh, maybe? I have had mornings where I get so little sleep I accidentally put my facewash in my hair and my shampoo in my washcloth, but I'm pretty sure I have not left the house without underwear.


-Via Email from my sister Jen, who actually sent this years ago, but 'tis the Christmas season:



Unfortunately, listening to this has become an annual holiday tradition for me.

I would like to enlist this man to sing a few hand-picked classics, such as: Any Mariah Carey song, just for more kicks and giggles; "The Star-Spangled Banner," because let's be honest, it's time to replace Carl Lewis's straight murdering of the national anthem with a newer rendition, and he would do Mr. Key proud, I'm sure; and last but not least, "Nuthin' But a G Thang." Why Snoop and Dre, you ask? Because the song is generationally-defining, son, and I want to see if this dude's rhythm is as impressive as both his vocal range and command of pitch when he delivers lyrics like "Fallin' back on that ass with a hellified gangsta' lean / Gettin' funky on the mic like a' old batch o' collard greens."

Instant classics. All of them.

Let's end on a good holiday note, shall we?

-Via Facebook from sister Juju, about her daughter, Elise:
I found Elise this morning in front of the Christmas tree. She'd pulled a chair right up to it and was just staring at it and when she saw me said, "Isn't it so beautiful?"
Ah. That's the Christmas season I know and love. And I love my nieces and nephew, because they always help me relive a little bit of childhood.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays, all.

3 ideas preached:

Barbaloot Thu Dec 17, 01:36:00 PM EST  

Uh-seriously, my ears are bleeding.

And also-in the bank guy's defense, sometimes it's lame to give someone a hundred dollar bill for a smaller purchase and get a bunch of change back. Maybe he was just trying to save himself the trouble?

Danya Tue Dec 22, 12:30:00 PM EST  

he might have been going to an sketchy place of women of doubtful morale... I've heard they use 1's for that

Amanda Lynn, to be exact Tue Dec 22, 08:39:00 PM EST  

Oh. Holy. Wow. that was amazing. amazingly terrible. I really have nothing more to say about that. and yet, i couldn't stop listening. i don't know what scares me more...that someone would record and disseminate something like this, or that i couldn't tear myself away...

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP