Noko: Real. Awkward. Jeans -- Photo of the Week 7 Dec 09

>> 07 December 2009

 Josh M referred me to this PotW. Awkward company photos from Noko Jeans, a Swedish company attempting to make jeans in North Korea. Here's one of Mr. Erik Wahlstrom, an employee of Noko who takes jeans production in poor, authoritarian-ruled countries very, very seriously:

This is like awkward elementary school photos we used to take when we were kids, only this is a company with grownups. Maybe we should start the practice of individual photos for a company in the US, and since Nartker is the only CEO that I know personally, I challenge him to start the trend.

At the very least, I would like to see Brett Favre photos like this for Wrangler. Wait, what? You want me to MS Paint it? Oh, here you go:

It would look much better if Brett were wearing all black. And if had freaky eyes, instead of his warm, soft ones and disarming smile. I guess you can't have everything.

I suggest you view all photos that Noko Jeans has posted on Flickr because they're all SO GOOD. Settling on one to post here was what I imagine it would be like to pick your favorite amongst multiple children. What say ye, RoSA Readers? Vote for your favorite Noko'er in the comments. It'll be a nice poll.

Also, two random, unsolicited items for your enlightenment:
  1. I have a noticeable cut just above my right eyeball along with some redness and swelling. I may have been in a bar on Saturday night, and may have called a Yale alum a "sweater-tying yuppie nobody", and he may have punched me with his enormous class ring. Or, I probably smacked myself in the eye with my ping-pong paddle because I was following through a little too much. I did put some wicked spin on that ball.
  2. Luke Wilson, star of hit movies such as My Super Ex-Girlfriend and Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde, was in my dream last night, asking me to help finance his next movie, and saying that he would make me a good return on my money. That's like PETA asking me to make a donation and promising that they won't make obscene advertisements with my money. It's just not going to happen. And why Luke Wilson? It's got to be those stupid AT&T commercials.

Happy Monday to you.

7 ideas preached:

Kristina P. Mon Dec 07, 11:48:00 AM EST  

Awkward Family Photos is one of my favorite sites. This is right up there with that site.

Jason Mon Dec 07, 12:17:00 PM EST  

My business partner gets back into town tomorrow. . . we'll search the budget to see if we can find a few extra bucks to have these oh so very classy photos made. . . we may have to make an entire marketing pitch out of this. . . thanks for the idea Josh.

Nartker

Melody Mon Dec 07, 03:26:00 PM EST  

Jacob Astrom. He should have made your blog. That man has got it goin on! This is hilarioius JD.

Joy Mon Dec 07, 03:52:00 PM EST  

That Brett Favre picture? Thank you for that.

Fran Mon Dec 07, 06:32:00 PM EST  

Hello, It's Fran Hauser...

caseytanner Tue Dec 08, 05:35:00 AM EST  

Fredrik Bergström, only because he knows he's a goon

Barbaloot Tue Dec 08, 10:14:00 AM EST  

My brothers have pictures like that and I never got one. I'm a little bitter about it still.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP