New Years' Snowshoeing -- Photo of the Week 4 Jan 2010

>> 04 January 2010



No better way to celebrate a new year than getting your snowshoeing ON, and that's exactly what our road trip to West Virginia provided for us. Sure, West Virginia's MOs are usually missing teeth, alleged inbreeding, and overall backwards-ness, but it is a state with some amazing natural beauty. It was a great way to spend the 1st of the new year -- how did you celebrate?

As always, road tripping with friends is fun. The game providing the most entertainment was 6 Degrees of Actor Separation, where you connect two actors by movies that they have been in with other actors.**  The most challenging connection to make was Pauly Shore and Jean Claude Van Damme -- partly because none of us could name more than one movie of their's.... but mostly because the mere mention of either actors' name was enough to produce uncontrollable laughter. Why was it so funny? I still don't know, and likely will go to my grave not knowing.

Either way, I challenge you to find a solution that takes less than 9 degrees of separation for those two, because that was the best we could come up with.


Also thanks to 6 Degrees, I found out that Jean Claude's nickname is "The Muscles from Brussels." I feel stupid for having gone through 20+ years of life and having not known this. Shame on me. And shame on my entire educational system and my friends and family for having never taught me this.


Anyway. Happy first Monday of the year, all.

**For example, if you wanted to connect Matt Damon and Christian Bale, you would say that Matt Damon was in Invictus with Morgan Freeman, and Morgan Freeman was in the Batman's with Christian Bale. Just two degrees of separation.

3 ideas preached:

Kristina P. Mon Jan 04, 11:19:00 AM EST  

I have never been snowshoeing and I've lived in Utah for a very long time.

And sadly, I did know he was the Muscles from Brussles. And I think Pauly Shore is The Weasel.

Barbaloot Mon Jan 04, 12:38:00 PM EST  

Snowshoeing looks fun/cold.

I can't name any movies Pauly or Jean are in. And who names their kid Pauly anyway?

Lex Mon Jan 04, 01:26:00 PM EST  

i asked some total movie buff friends from college. This wasn't me, I don't know this stuff. I got in trouble yesterday for mixing up Star Trek and Star Wars. All the same, apparently:

Jean-Claude Van Damme was in Street Fighter with Kylie Minogue
Kylie Minogue was in Bio-Dome with Pauly Shore

That is probably as close as you'll get.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP