Oh, the Dichotomies of Youth

>> 29 January 2010

So I was in the Post Office, waiting to mail a Disney Snow Globe to my niece. Nothing out of the ordinary.

The lady standing next to me in line wanted to chat about the "cute Disney gift" I was packaging up.

Lady: "I have an 18-year old daughter who still loves Disney princesses."
Me: "Never too old, I guess, right?"
Lady: "Haha. Yeah, half of her room is covered in Disney. The other half is Hooters and Playgirl stuff. Haha!"
...
Me: *internal* What is the proper response to this? "Uh...Never too young, right...?"
Me: *out loud* ...............
Lady: "Yeah for her birthday party at Hooters, she had Disney Princess balloons on her chair. Isn't that funny?"

Hilarious. Disturbingly so.

2 ideas preached:

Jen Fri Jan 29, 11:30:00 AM EST  

she is like the lady i met at miller auction who wanted to buy this "beautiful" playboy bunny ring for her 4 year old granddaughter. i was speechless....

Juli Sat Jan 30, 01:58:00 PM EST  

I'm sorry that the girls' destructiveness was the cause for you to ever hear this conversation. It seems wrong on so many levels.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP