In Mourning

>> 19 December 2008

My cell phone got run over last week. I got out of the car for a second and it must have fallen out of my pocket onto the road without my noticing. It was obliterated by the next day:

Thanks to Megs for gathering up the pieces that were scattered across the road the day after. I don't think I would have gotten closure otherwise.

Apologies to my phone for flushing our two-year relationship down the drain by abandoning you in the middle of the road to suffer a pitifully lonesome death.

Kind of like when Ben Affleck left Bruce Willis to die alone on the asteroid in Armageddon. Only instead of death by nuclear explosion in order to save the world, my phone probably just got run over by a Ford F-150 or something.

Also unlike Ben Affleck's situation, I didn't go home to Liv Tyler.

I think I'm on my fifth cell phone now, and this was by far the most violent death of any of them. What have been the worst fates of yours?

4 ideas preached:

Jen Fri Dec 19, 08:17:00 AM EST  

Upgrading = tons of emotional abuse. My phones have all been left knowing I could still use them but didn't want to.

Barbaloot Fri Dec 19, 09:43:00 AM EST  

Your ability to tie Armageddon into a cell-phone post is mind boggling.

Anonymous Fri Dec 19, 12:13:00 PM EST  

It could have been worse.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=98132244

Unknown Fri Dec 19, 12:36:00 PM EST  

Well.... my relationship with my computer is equally shattered... sniffle... so... that's a lot worse than the shards of plastic that forced you into the much needed phone replacement. There... I said it.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP