A Crumbling Empire

>> 04 July 2009

Last year, I witnessed firsthand the unrestrained gluttony that is the Coney Island Hot Dog Eating Competition; my boy Kobayashi lost in a five hot dog eat-off to American Joey Chestnut.


This year, I wasn't in NYC, nor was I close to a TV, so White Josh and the Frizzle fed me text updates. Kobayashi lost. Again.
The Frizzle observed that WW2 history seems to be repeating itself. Indeed, it appears the rising power that was Japanese competitive eating between the years of 2001-2006 is in decline. In retrospect, Kobayashi's initial loss in 2007 is going to serve as the Battle of Midway for another crumbling Empire. Too bad.

Celebrate your 4th well, everyone. It's a beautiful day.

1 ideas preached:

Barbaloot Sun Jul 05, 09:25:00 PM EDT  

Wow-way to tie in a hot dog competition to a historical event. I'm impressed.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP