The Perm -- Photo of the Week 13 July 2009

>> 13 July 2009

This week's is a doozy. The wager finally came to fruition.


The reactions have ranged all across the spectrum: Lots of doubletakes (myself in the mirror in the morning; everybody at church); extreme dread and anxiety, like a parent sending their child to their first day of school (AM before seeing the perm); semi-relief and a "it's not as bad as it could have been" (AM after seeing the perm); incapable of looking at me without laughing uncontrollably (Midge); rending of clothing, refusal to be comforted, and desperate beseeching to PLEASE cut my hair ('manders); disappointed headshaking, like I had been convicted and sentenced to do 10-15 in the State Pen (Josh M); backhanded comment about no longer possessing self-respect (DJA); "John Lennon called...he wants his hair back...No, seriously though: Get a haircut." (Banker); being told I should host a Japanese game show (Chunk). That's just the tip of the iceberg.

I'll tell you the worst part, though. My hair reeked like moldy butt. Seriously.

Anyway, I considered growing a mustache and going for an Adam Morrison-type look, but I would have needed to be ten times uglier, twenty times creepier, and willing to flush my social life down the drain. I still can't believe this guy has an NBA championship ring:



Happy Monday, everyone. Be grateful your coworkers have at least an ounce of respect for you. Mine may have at some point. But won't. Ever.

5 ideas preached:

Barbaloot Mon Jul 13, 10:42:00 AM EDT  

Well, I remember when Dwight was nervous about the IS poster you were on...he thought the class was too stereotpyical cuz you were Mexican. You fit that description much better now.

For real-how long do you have to have the dead beaver on your head? And what about the girl who was the other part of the bet?

jendw Mon Jul 13, 03:47:00 PM EDT  

Please tell me you did not pay anyone to do that. And that you got a lot of pictures. From every angle.

AW Wed Jul 15, 05:56:00 PM EDT  

that looks like my hair. every morning. -AW

Amy Lovell Thu Jul 16, 03:02:00 PM EDT  

It's a good look for you. Don't give in to peer pressure and cut it.

Fran Wed Jul 22, 10:52:00 AM EDT  

Are leopard spots the next to make an appearance in your hair? You may have blogged about this before but I truly am curious...what possessed you? It just doesn't make sense...maybe that's just it:)

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP