Weekly Selects #13

>> 12 November 2009

Digital correspondence for the past week. Apologies, most of the selections involve my upcoming marathon in Sacramento. I hope this doesn't provide TOO much insight into my life/relationships. Let's do this:

-Via Gchat with Casey, from last Friday, regarding my trip to Sac-town:

just think, this time next week, you'll be waking up next to me
The plan for my trip was to spend Thursday night at Casey's. Operative word: WAS.

-Via Email from Gnomie, who is well-acquainted with my undying affinity for bacon (the article):
not only have you probably already seen this, but you probably have already incorporated it into your robust daily diet of bacon product:


Squeez Bacon! Finally, something the Swedes have seen fit to bestow on the world besides Stockholm Syndrome and the inability to take sides in a major world conflict! From the article: "By precooking it and blending it in a special way, he [the inventor] was able to make a fully cooked 100% bacon paste that could be squeezed from a tube."

To take something as beautiful as bacon and twist it like this is wrong. Like...like... oh hell, let's unleash the inner nerd: It's like in Lord of the Rings where the Elves get disfigured and mutilated and the end-product is the Orcs. There, I said it.

-Via Gchat with Butz, while we were discussing my upcoming marathon and how I was planning on mitigating the chafing of sensitive areas in my chest region. I explained that I had bought a deodorant-like stick to prevent chafing, and told him this:
...so I will be coating my nipples in that
I know some of the readership is not comfortable with the terminology, and I pray I will never be typing that sentence ever again in my life, but I'll do whatever I have to avoid this poor sap's fate:


(I realize by quoting myself on my own blog, my egotism has reached Kanye Westian heights, but fear not: I will be interrupting Taylor Swift acceptance speeches before you know it.)


-Via Gchat with Nartker, who told me that the forecasted temperature for the start of the marathon has continued dropping as we get closer. I think right now we're looking at 38 degrees. His commentary:
I think my junk just shrunk just thinking about it...sorry for the tmi
Anatomical references are in abundance this posting. Again, my apologies.

5 ideas preached:

Ben Thu Nov 12, 02:53:00 PM EST  

There is nothing wrong with coating your nipples and groin in body glide.

Jason Thu Nov 12, 03:17:00 PM EST  

The bleeding nips. . . wow. What else can you say about that pic?

Sam Thu Nov 12, 07:06:00 PM EST  

Some marathoners are so hairy, clothes don't ever touch my body, I mean, their bodies.

Amy Lovell Fri Nov 13, 01:26:00 AM EST  

All I can say is...good.freakin.luck!

Kristina P. Fri Nov 13, 03:35:00 PM EST  

Squeeze bacon?!? I am IN! I posted about making chocolate covered bacon, so somehow, I am now a poster child for bacon.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP