Weekly Selects #14

>> 19 November 2009

This week's is relatively weak, but LAY OFF ME I'VE BEEN BUSY. Let's do this:


-Via email from JMill, this picture and accompanying description (the link):

The police department in the small Minnesota town of Proctor will put a motorized lounge chair up for auction next week after it was seized in a drunk driving incident. The black and blue pleather lounge chair...comes complete with stereo, footrest, cupholders, headlights, a nitro­us oxide power boost system, drag racing style steering wheel and a parachute.
Well sure, it's got some nice features, but if it can't automatically parallel park itself, I'm not even interested.

-Via Blog Comment from Melody N, who, without forewarning got to hear from Shigeko about my hair whilst spectating the marathon:
I just want to know if your mom cut your hair in your sleep the first night you got to WA.
No, surprisingly, in her handling of my hair Shigeko has not taken radical and drastic action, like drugging my dinner and taking garden shears to it while I'm passed out on the kitchen floor. No, she has chosen silence as her weapon. Like n The Dark Knight when the Joker gets captured and placed in the jail, my mom remains relatively silent, not saying anything, but I know she's looking at my hair, and I know some plot is being concocted in that head of hers.

As for post-race plans with the hair, the plan has always been to cut it short again. Some have asked if I would consider bic'ing it; my hesitation is that I have no idea what my head looks like. For all I know, it could have all kinds of ghastly deformities and mis-shapens all over it, and I might become the human equivalent of this bear:


(The bear has some condition causing it to be bald)
 
I honestly think the world isn't ready to see that kind of ugliness swiveling on top of my neck.

4 ideas preached:

Kristina P. Thu Nov 19, 11:16:00 AM EST  

That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen! I have a friend with a hairless animal obsession. I am sending her this picture.

Fran Thu Nov 19, 11:39:00 AM EST  

Shigeko's silence would awful. I know, I ALMOST had to experience it and even that was awful:) And where do you find these pictures? DO you just search "Ugly animal with terrible hair"? No really, I want to know.

Jenna Thu Nov 19, 12:50:00 PM EST  

That bear is a lot more freaky than the hairless cat.

Anonymous Mon Jan 25, 12:08:00 PM EST  

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP