A-Rod the Centaur -- Photo of the Week 9 Nov 2009

>> 09 November 2009


This may be old news to some of you, but...


(writer's conception)

To answer the quizzical look on your face, NY Yankees star Alex Rodriguez, is reported to have a portrait of himself as a centaur hanging in his bedroom. A painting he commissioned. Commissioned: As in he proactively thought of the idea, sought out a painter, and paid said painter.

Now, many of you may be thinking this is strange. Beyond strange. Vain. Egotistical. But before you become judgmental of A-Rod, I suppose a confession is in order. I actually commissioned some paintings of my own a few years back. The problem I ran into -- besides finding a portrait artist whom I could afford -- was that I never specified what sort of creature I wanted my head to be placed on. Needless to say, the portrait didn't turn out so well:



Not what I would classify as flattering. Oh well. Some things just don't go as expected. I hope A-Rod is happy with how his turned out.

But really, it's super creepy. Previous to knowing this about A-Rod, here's a rough estimation of how my Top 3 "Things That Creep Me Out To No End" list was laid out:
  1. Clowns
  2. Creepy movie-children
  3. Ventriloquist dummies
And now, the new list:
  1. Clowns
  2. Creepy movie-children
  3. Alex Rodriguez
On a career note for him, maybe once he's done with baseball, we'll see if A-Rod makes a cameo in the next few Narnia movies.





Happy Monday. Spend the rest of the day being jealous of my MS Paint skills.

5 ideas preached:

Barbaloot Mon Nov 09, 12:41:00 PM EST  

Well-I don't see how that's so weird. I had plans to make myself a fawn at one time...

Barbaloot Mon Nov 09, 12:41:00 PM EST  

Or is it faun? Clearly I have not thought this out enough.

Joy Mon Nov 09, 01:09:00 PM EST  

Nice post!

As a Yankees fan...as long as the man keeps on bringin' his centaur magic to the playoffs...how he spends his hundreds of millions is none of my business....

But I'll admit, a painting of himself as a centaur? That's weird. But it's A-rod. I'm not all that surprised.

Hannah Neville McMillan Mon Nov 09, 08:55:00 PM EST  

HILARIOUS!

james Tue Nov 10, 02:38:00 AM EST  

really great photo.

http://www.photo-recovery-software.com/

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP