Attempting to Reclaim Past Glory

>> 15 April 2010

You probably remember that over a year ago Josh M and I attempted to grow mustaches, only to find that we were genetically incapable of doing so, and the whole thing quickly spiraled downward into a humiliating debacle.

Anyway, the whole me-with-a-mustache thing was supposed to be buried deep and never mentioned again -- like when Napolean was exiled to Elba. But like Napolean, some things aren't meant to be confined or suppressed, and are destined to reclaim their past glory:

Or not.

Yeah, that's pretty horrible. (Author's note: The stoned, swollen-eyed look is not indicative of a drug addiction, but rather the annoying onset of adult allergies. Damn you, Northern Virginia. And your high oak pollen count)

Two weeks ago, when I realized that I hadn't shaved at all for a few weeks, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to shave everything but the upper-lip, you know? I just wanted to see if any progress had been made in the mustache-growing department. Obviously, there had not; in fact, if anything happened, it was a solid step in the devolving direction. I believe this elicited a "OH MY GOSH JOSH WHAT THE HELL IS THAT" from AM, but don't quote her on that.

Anyway, I saw the below video, and it made me laugh:



For me, I would describe having my mustache as feeling like "wandering through a barren, desert wasteland with no oasis in sight, and only sporadic patches of grass scattered along the way." Or something. Vivid imagery was never my thing.

PS No need to fear, the mustache was "disappeared" shortly after.

3 ideas preached:

Jason Fri Apr 16, 01:34:00 AM EDT  

Great video and we need to see a picture of this mythical AM.

Barbaloot Mon Apr 19, 02:00:00 PM EDT  

I'm just glad I knew you in the BYU days when you couldn't legally rock that mustache...or lack thereof.

jendw Mon Apr 19, 10:56:00 PM EDT  

Funny commercial! L and A still recognized their beloved Uncle Josh, but they might be scarred for life now.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP