Chapstick Gets Me Out of a Jam

>> 18 January 2011

I have very distinct feelings about each of the four seasons.

Spring and summer were great back in the Pacific NW and at BYU, but ever since I moved back east and have had to endure the adult-onset of allergies during the spring and unbearable humidity during the summer, my valuation of these two seasons has dropped considerably.

I remain a fall and winter guy. Always have been. Probably always will be.

My only problem with winter around here is that with the freezing winds make my face all dry -- it bugs me all day at work because I never think to bring lotion with me. It's just not on my priority list when I'm scrambling to get out the door in the morning (other things, like hygiene, are).

One day at work the dryness was unbearable, but I had no lotion with me. So, I improvised. I took the chapstick on my desk and started putting it on my face.

Unconventional, yes -- but I had no other recourse. And it helped to relieve my irritated skin.

Good thing my chapstick is clear, though. Or else I would have ended up looking like the dude from Twisted Sister:
That's more than enough to make me shudder uncontrollably. And it has nothing to do with how cold it is outside.

1 ideas preached:

Ashley Wed Jan 19, 01:31:00 AM EST  

I seriously laughed out loud when I read that you actually applied the chapstick to your face. That is TOO funny!

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP