Weekly Selects #44

>> 20 January 2011

Let's do's us some Weekly Selects:

-Via Email from Matty, who had this to say about a YouTube clip he sent:
This very bizarre Japanese commercial for a Zelda game seemed to be a viable contender for one of your weekly selects.

Well, really, it has been too long since I've had a chance to ponder about the strangeness of my people. It reminds me a little bit of Dungeons & Dragons re-enactments (costumes) and Matt pointed out that it reminded him of the Michael Jackson's Thriller dance (choreography), so there you have the targeted demographic of Nintendo's ad campaign: The maladjusted social outcast losers of D&D... and, the pedophiles (Michael Jackson jokes: too soon?)

(Kudos to Matt, for his first RoSA contribution)

--Via Email from Case:
I blew it didn't I?  I can't believe I wasted that chance to be part of the blog.  I got to tell you the truth, I got stagefright... I'll never forgive myself, such a big moment and I choked.
Background: I wanted Case to leave me a voicemail that I was then going to post to RoSA for the Seahawks' win last week, but he, as stated above, "blew it." Remember the translator in Saving Private Ryan? The one who totally froze up out of fear during the last battle scene and doesn't help anyone in his unit, and then they pretty much all die? Yeah. That's what Case did here. Instead of clutching his rifle, though, I imagine him clutching his cell phone and rocking himself back & forth under his desk at work.
Thanks for abandoning me, Case.
I am dubbing this The Unleft Voicemail Incident, and I will not forget it.

But I suppose his candidly stated reasons for not coming through are funny enough that he totally redeemed himself. Ironic, really.

--Via Email from Lexi, an article titled "Man Flies Into Rage Over Photo of Saved by the Bell Character":
"[A] man pulled a framed photo of Saved by the Bell character A.C. Slater from the wall and smashed it on the ground..." stating " 'I just don't like Slater.' "
Lexi's comment:
Does it please you or make you afraid that you are the first person I thought of sharing this with after I read it?
I think I'm more confused than pleased or afraid. My honest initial thought: What's a bar in Chicago doing with a picture of Mario Lopez on their wall?

Subsequent thoughts: "Is Lexi sending this to me because she thinks I'm violent and would do something similar? Or does she think I like Saved by the Bell more than the average person? I'm totally confused."

Like I said. Unbridled befuddlement. Welcome to my thoughts, people.

--Lastly, via Facebook from Sister Jen: 
On Display In Portland: The Art Of Beautiful Beards 
I recommend checking it out. That facial hair is impressive. This was not.

2 ideas preached:

Fran Fri Jan 21, 09:32:00 AM EST  

So I've always been confused by the sex of Zelda (shim??) and this video did nothing to help that. And I know everyone will say that Zelda is a boy, but I'm not convinced. Thanks a lot, I thought I was going to get answers.

And gnomes, or pictures of men dressed to look like gnomes are never a good idea....or maybe they're a VERY good idea...

Barbaloot Fri Jan 21, 11:04:00 AM EST  

I heard someone say just yesterday that Zelda was a girl. It sounds like a girl name...it should be a girl. Right?

Is the AC Slater picture thrower the same guy who shot his TV? He sounds super rational.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP