Weekly Selects #45

>> 27 January 2011

Follow-up from last week's Weekly Selects: A few of you expressed confusion over Zelda's gender. Isn't Zelda the princess, and Link the hero? I was never into the video games that much. Now that you've all expressed doubts, I'm wondering if Zelda is some gender-confused hermaphrodite. VIDEO GAME NERDS: BRING ME INFORMATION

Okay. Let's do this:

--Via Google Reader from Case:

Case called my bluff that I wouldn't post about tattoos. I had to post it. I just had to. But really, I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said...

--Via Google Reader, if you happen to have 10 min to watch some clips from a movie that I can only describe as some sort of hybrid between The Matrix, Quentin Tarantino, and an acid trip gone terribly, terribly wrong.


--Via GChat from White Josh:

In case you aren't adept at deciphering infrared imaging, this is a picture of a bunch of ordinary guys. With a catapult. Launching marijuana across the US-Mexican border. (There is no audio with the video at the link, but it is still worth watching). It's ingenious, really, because it saves on the extra costs of having a drug mule physically transport the drugs across the border. I hope those cost savings are passed on to the customer... or, at the very least, I hope the dealers launch a couple complimentary bags of pork rinds, Doritos, and other such snacks to their clientele. It's just good business.

3 ideas preached:

Barbaloot Fri Jan 28, 10:46:00 AM EST  

I liked the catapult thing up until drugs. There are so many better uses for catapults---like sending cats across the border

Kate Fri Jan 28, 10:55:00 AM EST  

Too bad I totally thought with the savings you could package those drugs in cute letterpress packaging from etsy. Probably something recycled and biodegradable. This also explains why drug dealing is not in my future. I definitely am not aimed for the right demographic.

KWS Mon Jan 31, 02:15:00 PM EST  

catapults are so passe... me, I favor a good trebuchet. you might remember that I (very nearly) founded the Trebuchet Guild under BYU's Quill & Sword Society.

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP